The KCWC week is almost over and to be honest I’m not quite sure if I can call it a success.
I’ve been sewing an average of 1 1/2 hours per day (which is quite good for me, considering I’m still working full-time, following a busy schedule this week and spending some quality (lol) time with my family), yet there are a few things I have also learn:
1. KCWC sewing and keeping a photo record are not compatible: I would never assumed this could be so challenging. Yet, uncooperative models, lack of daylight for photos when the sewing day is over, sleep deprived mum/sewer after a sewing marathon, this week I’ve had it all;
2. KCWC sewing, following the Flickr group postings (so many great clothes, so little time to comment) and keeping a blog are also not compatible tasks (lol). I don’t know how many of you do it. Obviously, I have an outstanding issue with time management. That’s one main area where I do need to make great improvements (fast!).
3. My initial list was too ambitious (I knew this already btw). So far, this is what I’ve achieved:
- 1 O+S Sailboat skirt (in stripped denim): This was not in the initial plan, but was included because it was needed. My girl keeps growing so much that she didn’t have any skirts to wear (with proper length, of course). Also, I’ve sewed this pattern before and knew this was a quick and easy project, just what I needed to keep me motivated🙂
Of course, I tried to get some pictures:
(see what I meant: uncooperative model at the end of the day. The good thing is that she liked the skirt, although you probably could never tell from the pictures)
- 2 completed dresses (including buttons that were missing early this week. Managed to visit the shop today before heading to an appointment. Sew the buttons while the kids took a bath, lol)
- 1 dress in need of hemming, buttonholes and buttons. Will be finished tomorrow morning (15 minutes, right?)
Still missing: 2 skirts, 2 tunics and 2 rompers. Probably will only managed to squeeze in 1 skirt and 1 tunic before the end of the challenge.
Or maybe I’ll just use the time I still have to get some pictures before KCWC is over.
Overall, this was also a good week. We managed to visit Baby A and the kids were totally in love (he’s such a tiny sweet baby!).